Vision, Mission Statement & Statement of Faith
One of the unique qualities of the LUC program is the willingness to help a boy overcome his problems and not “kick” him out of the program because of his negative behaviors.
We believe that God has chosen each boy who comes to LUC and has a purpose for his life; therefore, we look rather to develop the unique qualities of each boy which helps bring meaning to his life.
We have seen dramatic miracles in the lives of many boys who were dismissed from other treatment programs.
We do not dismiss a boy from our program and so those who graduate our program include those who normally would be cast out of society, thought incorrigible, or put back into the legal system.
Our Core Beliefs
- Changing the way that America saves at-risk youth.
- Provide boys the opportunity to become capable, committed, Christian citizens.
- We believe and teach the Scripture of the Old and New Testament as the inspired Word of God.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God.
- We believe that God is perfect, infinite, and eternal and co-exists in three persons – The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the repentance and forgiveness of sins as a personal experience through faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is the Third Person of the Trinity, whose ministry is to convict of sin, regenerate the soul, indwell and empower the believer in order that he might be a witness of the Gospel of Christ.
- We believe in and support the work of the local church (the mission program and evangelism program).
*Voted on and passed by the Board of Directors on February 11, 1984.